Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Sunflower Harvest

We planted some sunflowers in the spring. I especially took a liking to this one because the bigger it grew, the more personality it took on. By the time it got big enough to droop over like this, I thought it looked just like someone taking a shower. Can't you see him leaning into the tile wall, letting the warm water run over his face to wake up for work in the morning? When I brought him a cup of coffee is when I knew I had taken my floral romance too far. So I had to kill him. Then I let the kids pick all the seeds out of his big head.
And if that wasn't enough, we spread them on a baking sheet, lightly salted them, and browned them in the oven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look who's leaving a comment! That is one huge sunflower! Made me hungry for some sunflower seeds :-)